Tuesday, April 14, 2009

More Exercise Subject-Verb Agreement

PRACTICE 1: Subject-Verb Agreement

You already know that subjects and verbs must agree in number. Choose a verb that agrees with the subject.

  1. My sister (is / are) married.
  2. My sisters (is / are) married.
  3. My brother and my sister (is / are) single.
  4. All of my brothers (is / are) students.
  5. One of my brothers (is / are) a musician.
  6. Neither of mv parents (is / are) living.
  7. Much of my time (is / are) spent in the library.
  8. Both of my parents (is / are) teachers.
  9. Several of the teachers (speak / speaks) my language.
  10. Either of my sisters (have / has) no boyfriend.
  11. Some of the money (was / were) missing.
  12. Some of the students (was / were) missing.
  13. Each of my brothers (want / wants) his own car.
  14. Most of the ice (was / were) melted.
  15. Most of the ice cubes (was / were) melted.
  16. All of my time (is / are) spent in the library.
  17. A lot of the people (was / were) angry.
  18. A lot of the work (was / were) too easy.
  19. A group of young people (go / goes) to Kaliurang every saturday night.
  20. The mother with her little children often (sleep / sleeps) in front of the store.

Practice 2: Subject Verb Agreement

Translate the following sentences. Make the Verb agrees with the Subject.

  1. Sungai Progo mengalir ke laut selatan.
  2. Semua sungai mengalir ke laut.
  3. Sekelompok pendaki gunung tinggal di sebuah tenda tua.
  4. Setiap mahasiswa menginginkan nilai yang baik.
  5. Tak seorangpun mengetahui nama lengkapku.
  6. Sebagian besar mahasiswa tinggal di rumah kos.
  7. Pacarku tinggal di asrama .
  8. Ibu Tamara bersama tiga anaknya tinggal di rumah baru.
  9. Bumi mengelilingi matahari.
  10. Salah satu teman kelasku sakit.
  11. Liburan Idul Fitri mulai hari ini.
  12. Empat kilometer tidak begitu jauh.
  13. Berenang di pantai Parangteritis berbahaya.
  14. Membaca buku memerlukan konsentrasi.
  15. Segala sesuatu mahal di kota ini.

No comments:

Post a Comment