Friday, June 19, 2009

Compound Sentence

Compound Sentence



1. The bride's guests sit on the left, ..... the groom's guests sit on the right.

A. but
B. or
C. and
D. so

2.

The bride's father pays for the wedding, ........ he doesn't pay for the rehearsal dinner.


A. and
B. but
C. or
D. so

3.

The party lasted until midnight, ....... everyone was tired.


A. so
B. and
C. but
D. or

4. The bride may have one bridesmaid, ....... she may have several.

A. and
B. but
C. so
D. or

5.

The wind is blowing, ......... it is not cold


A. yet
B. for
C. nor
D. so

6. Some people are starting to leave, ........ the storm is predicted to reach the city.

A. nor
B. yet
C. for
D. so

7.

The sun isn't shining, ......... is the wind blowing now.


A. or
B. nor
C. for
D. and

8.

We rarely stay in the hotel, for ...................................


A. we are rich.
B. the hotel fare is cheap.
C. we are on vacation.
D. we cannot afford it.

9. ........................ but I don't bring my ATM card.

A. I need to withdraw money soon
B. I want to save my money in the bank
C. I don't need much money.
D. I found a wallet

10. The electricity is off, so ........................

A. I can finish my paper.
B. I don't need to submit my paper.
C. I cannot finish my paper.
D. I will study all the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment